SOFTWARE ENGINEER'S (IGNITION) JD
1) Under the supervision of the team leader / project manager, the software engineer has to work design, modify, develop, write and implement software programming applications and components.
2) Supports and/or installs software applications and components.
3) Works from written specifications and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job and maintains documentation of process flow.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
1) Design and develop HMI, MES, and SCADA systems built around the Ignition platform
2) Experience working with SQL or Oracle databases, Writing medium to complex queries, stored procedures, functions, Ignition Data historians and triggers
3) Experience working with OPC servers and tag data.
5) Ability to understand PLC logic and programming (previous experience with Rockwell / Siemens platform highly preferred)
6) Experience working with external suppliers to procure new technologies that meet product/systems specifications.
7) Work on large and complex projects for SCADA and High-Level Controls with minimum supervision
8) Develop RFQ- s, for new and modified equipment and ensure FA standards are followed.
9) Provide technical advice for the integration and support of automated manufacturing equipment.
10) Provide Tier 2 Shop Floor Support for urgent production issues, including root cause analysis and resolution.
11) Experience in project management – small to mid-scale complex projects
12) Team player with excellent written and verbal communication skills
13) Follows defined processes and provides inputs for betterment where possible.
1) The authority to perform the above-mentioned functions, duties and responsibilities emanates from the Senior Project Manager.
2) The Software Engineer-Ignition is authorized to carry out all actions necessary for the achievement of the desired results in carrying out the above-mentioned duties and responsibilities.
1) Must be an BE / B. Tech in Computer Science
2) Must have at least 2-4 years of experience in the domain preferably from manufacturing industry;
3) Must have good oral and written communication skills in English.
4) Have 3 + years of experience in a manufacturing environment working with SCADA or MES applications with at least 5 + years focused on Ignition development.
5) Good Knowledge on Connectivity with OPC Software like KEPWARE, Matrikon Etc.,
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
1) Ignition, RS Logix 5000, Factory Talk, SQL, OPC, UA Solution like Kepware desired skills
2) Industrial Automation networks (Ethernet/IP, ProfNet, Device net, etc.,) Python, Java, IOT
3) 3+ Years in SCADA/MES Implementation
4) At least 1 full Ignition SCADA/MES Implementation project
5) Excellent understanding on SCADA
6) DA/MES ignition modules like vision unlimited/ Ignition Perspective, Web Browser, Alarm
7) SQL Bridge, Tas Historian, Reporting
8) Basic Knowledge in PLC programming for siemens and Rockwell PLCS Knowledge other PLC programming will be added advantage
9) Good knowledge on connectivity with OPC software like Kepware, Matrikon etc.,
10) Basic knowledge on any of the database like MSSQL, Oracle, Postgre SQL etc.,